Thursday, March 20, 2008

Battling Unbelief

One book that has greatly changed my perspective on the battle of sin has been Battling Unbelief by John Piper. It can be read as a book, or you can watch it as a DVD series and fill out a study guide. Let me encourage you to either purchase this or to find it and check it out. Whether you agree with Piper or not, this book of his has some good things to say and stirs up a lot of thought. In response to Joel... I do have these books or at least know someone who does...
Enjoy!









link

3 comments:

joelm said...

so I had a question that I am just going to put on here. I was reading Romans today and in chapter 5, something I had never really thought enough about jumped out at me. verse three starts a chain of events. Suffering leads to perseverance, perseverance to character, and then character to hope. Well, they all make sense except the last one. How does character lead to hope? Does one have increased hope because of increased character? That doesnt seem really right, but I can't see how else to look at that passage.

Anonymous said...

Joelm,

Here's a link to a sermon by John Piper on Romans 5:1-5 that shows his take on what the passage means: http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/1999/1098_We_Exult_in_Our_Tribulations/

David

Andrew Spink said...

joel... by the way if you'd like to post a question on the actual blog instead of commenting it... just let me know I can make you an author or you can e-mail me your posts