Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Foundation to Build On...

My perspective on Christianity has been greatly influenced in the last few years by several men, one of those being John Piper. Having said that, let me say that my goal is not to make disciples of John Piper; I would simply like you to have the same opportunities that I have had to grow through his ministry.
If you want to understand John Piper you must understand Christian Hedonism and this message will help:
Let Your Passion Be Single

When I first listened to it I had very strong objections, but as I prayed about it I began to give it some open-minded thought, and I became convinced that Piper's philosophy was not only correct, but that it had very large implications in my life. I encourage you to listen to this message, and even read some of his books...

1 comment:

Greg East said...

Hey Andrew, I thought that I would be the first to comment on your blog (besides you, that is!) Anyway I listened to the message and John Piper is a great speaker that communicates well. I liked the way that he addressed many of the questions in my mind as I listened. Just as you did when you first listened, I have doubted some things that he said. In order to become more acquainted with his philosophy, I have bought Desiring God and am currently reading it. So far, it has answered a few of the questions I have. If you have heard the message it would definitely benefit you to read his book as well. The book helps to make his ideas more concrete as he is not bound by time to convey a rather hefty philosophy!